Unable to change filter access from private to anything

Ankur Kumar Singh May 18, 2020

Hi All,

I have all the access form admin to the developer I have around 10 to 15 filters which I need to share in Dashboard and Kanban board but unable to do so as I can't change access of the file from private to anything 

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_2.pngscreenshto01.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

Hi Ankur - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Details page for the filter?

Ankur Kumar Singh May 18, 2020

HI @John Funk I attached to my question, for example,

I had one filter( as an example) it by default access level as 'Private' and when I made it to any other as public or organization and try to save it won't move or change at all .

adding here also 

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_2.png

This is the filter as private as default : 

screenshto01.PNGreally appreciate your help if this is resolved i would be so much grateful to you 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

Select who you want to share it with - such as My organization (I would not suggest Public). Be sure to click Add first. Then you can save it. 

Like Josh Carter likes this
Paul Treadwell June 29, 2021

I have a similar issue. I can select 'My Organisation' and click add.

But when I try to save it I see a red 'no entry' type symbol so cannot save.

I have 'developer' access up to 'site admin' access. I have tried changing it to 'group' as well. Same issue.

I'm new to jira cloud so could be something simple.

edit filter.png

Like Matthias Bergmann likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

It might be a problem with the Global Permissions. Go to Settings > System > Global Permissions. 

Then take a look at the Manage Group Filter subscriptions permissions to see if you have that. 

Paul Treadwell July 1, 2021

Thanks so much @John Funk 

There is only one group that is allowed to 'share filters' here. Despite being a site admin, I wasn't in the group set in the global permissions page for 'share dashboards and filters'.

All resolved.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Great!

richard June 21, 2022

Hi, I'm trying to make a filter Public so that a customer can see it.

I don't have the Public option in the drop-down - only Project, Group, My organization and Private:

Screenshot from 2022-06-21 17-29-16.png

How do I get "Public" too?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

No, you won't be able to do Public. Your customer should have access to your organization if they are creating cards there. Or limit it to the project they are needing access to. 

richard June 21, 2022

We have a number of customers for the project.  We'd like to transparently show them our progress.  They don't use Jira.

We want to limit their view to specific filters.  Not possible then?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Is this a Jira Service Management project? Or something else? 

richard June 21, 2022

I'm really not sure.

We use Jira with a Kanban board to manage both software development and marketing work.

It's the progress of some of the software development we wish to make visible to customers.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post back here with the resolution. Good Luck!

richard June 22, 2022

We are (currently) on the Free plan - so it may simply be that Public is only available to paid plans.

Also we can't enter tickets for that reason.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Ah, that would be it. I verified in my free instance that I cannot share with Public. 

Like richard likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events