Unable to add existing status to existing workflow

heather May 5, 2021

For this project, I am unable to add an existing status (Prod RFA) which I've confirmed does exist here on the Statuses page under Issue Attributes; I'm also using it on all of my other projects so I'm not sure what the particular issue is with this project. When I try to configure the associated workflow here on the edit screen for this particular project's workflow by clicking 'add status'...'Prod RFA' is not in the drop down so I get stuck there. Please help!

Thank you,
Heather

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi Heather,

Are you sure that status is not already in the workflow - maybe just not visible? Maybe do a CTRL F to open a search box and type in Prod there to see if it thinks it is on the screen somewhere. 

Another option is to go to a board that already uses that workflow and check the columns for the statuses that are available for that workflow. 

heather May 18, 2021

@John Funk the status (Prod RFA) does actually show as already being in the workflow

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.05.00 AM.png

However when I go to Board Settings for the project I want to add it to, the 'add status' button is missing so I can't get the 'Prod RFA' status into the 'Prod RFA' column to make it appear on the board. :/

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.07.39 AM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Did you Publish the workflow after the status was added? 

Like # people like this
heather May 18, 2021

@John Funk boom! that was it! I was working in an unpublished draft of the workflow. thank you so much!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Great! I have forgotten to publish the changed workflows many times.  :-)

heather May 18, 2021

@John Funk strangely I was able to add the status to other projects so it didn't occur to me.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Hello @heather 

Your JIRA instance is not accessible except by login, so the other members of this community cannot look at it directly.

Please provide screen images of what you are seeing.

heather May 11, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill :

Here is the Statuses Page under Issue Attributes where you can see the status 'Prod RFA' does exist:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.36.50 PM.png

And here is the edit screen for my project's workflow where you can see that 'Prod RFA' does not appear in the drop down:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.38.50 PM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Hello @heather 

Have you tried typing Prod into the selection field to see if it brings up the status in the selection list? 

heather May 12, 2021

@Trudy Claspill yes...no luck :/

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 10.28.56 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders