Unable to Create a Automation Rule due to Rule Actor permission to board

Mark July 5, 2021

Sprint.png

I am receiving the error "Unable to access the selected board. Please ensure that the rule actor has permission  to access that board"

I am not sure where I have to go to add access to the rule actor. I already edited my permission schema to include the "atlassian-addons-project-access" to every permission.  Is there somewhere else I need to check?

Attempting to add a rule that will set the assigned user to Unassigned when a sprint is created.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Mark ,

please check the rule details, who the rule actor is. Is it Automation for Jira or your user or someone else?

Then please navigate to your board's configuration and there's Filter section with information, with whom is the filter shared. Does this configuration correspond with your rule actor? For example if the filter is shared with some project, does your rule actor (or atlassian-addons-project-access, if rule actor is Automation for Jira) has Browse projects permission in this project?

Thank you for sharing more detail.

Mark July 5, 2021

Thank you Hana, I added the related project to have access to the filter associated with the board and then I was able to save my automation. Oddly enough I couldn't directly add the automation for JIRA user directly.

Like Aparna Saini likes this
2 votes
Greg Sanderson November 26, 2021

I got the same issue as the OP ("Unable to access the selected board. Please ensure...")

For my setup  all the permissions already included the "atlassian-addons-project-access" user, however the following resolved the issue for me:

1. In the board's configuration (with settings for "Columns", "Swimlanes", etc)
  2. Click "Edit filter shares"
  3. Under "Viewers" in the first dropdown select "Project", in second dropdown select your project the board is on, and the third dropdown I left as "all users"

It's weird as I only had a trigger for when "sprint start" and send a message, there was nothing being edited or changed etc.

Christy Johnson August 7, 2022

This change resolved my issue as well. Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events