UI configuration based on value of previous field

Marcus O'Brien July 7, 2021

Hi, 

I need a way to simplify our bug creation on Jira cloud.

I would like many fields defined for the creation flow, but to only display relevant subset of fields that are selected based on a value on a drop down list on the same view.

Example

Bug Create

Source of bug field

Customer

Code Inspection

If the user selects "code inspection", then the view should display fields relevant for customer, ie customer name. If the user selects Code Inspection, then I would like code review URL, file name etc

I understand we could do this on Jira Server with Script runner and behaviours, but we have a cloud instance. Can I instead of this perhaps use a new state in the workflow, so the user selects Source of Bug, clicks Create, then based on the value of the Source of Bug a new screen appears with static fields on it, that are applicable ie a customer screen with customer name on it, that only comes up if the user selected Customer in the create bug screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi Marcus,

The only way I know to do this in Jira Cloud is with an add-on like ProForma Forms. 

Marcus O'Brien July 9, 2021

Hi John, 

Yes thanks for the advice, I dont think this time its a good fit, as it requires building a new UI on top of the Jira Bug. So anytime the jira bug type design (not individual actual jira bug instances) changes we would have to maintain the mapping between the UI in ProForma. Then when people look at the Jira Bug it would also look different to what they used to create it (ProForma). Thanks for your help though.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2023

Hi, that possibility is already available with Dynamic Forms for Jira.

Best regards, 
Jarek

Suggest an answer