UAT complete should not reflect as Spillover

Chaitanya Gandhi December 21, 2020

I have created a workflow where I have marked that UAT complete as a Done state. I did this as we do releases on Monday and I want to close a Sprint on Friday and not treat them as spillover just because we did not release on a friday night.

I was of an assumption that making UAT complete state as done in workflow would resolve this issue and lead to accurate reporting but I was wrong and all these stories were spilled over and my velocity of Sprint is shown as 0. 

Anyone can help me with a workaround or how they handle this issue as only release might go to next week. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Is the "UAT Complete" status in the last column on the board?

No it is not. So is it that JIRA identifies based on last column and not the category of status?
My last column is released and I have kept it so that I know what is released within the sprint if any.

Is there some workaround?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Correct.  The last column on the board is "done".  The others are not done, so they will carry over to the next sprint when you close the sprint.

The "workarounds" are:

• to define a proper binary "done" status and use it appropriately
  • to put your released status into the "done" column (assumes you are using classic projects, not Next-gen)

Got you.. Thanks... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events