Two Projects in one board - Subtask Problem

fatih.topuz August 26, 2022

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with using one board for 2 projects. My team is working with 2 different projects and it is better for us to see team's activity in one board.

I have 2 projects but one is Team Managed  and other one is Company managed (I requested new one as company managed to use filter based boards.)

My problem is: After creating the board, board is showing sub-task for the items available in the same project (I am using swimlanes as group by stories) in the board but it is not showing subtasks of the team managed project's stories.

What can be the reason? Do you have any idea?

Kind regards,

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

There is a known problem with CMP based boards not seeing sub-tasks in TMPs at the moment.

Atlassian have it on the to-fix list.

(I suspect it's because sub-tasks are done differently in TMPs, but don't quote me)

fatih.topuz August 30, 2022

Thanks for your answer, I am suspicious about that as well. Possibly the differences in the issues among the projects causing that.

Note: I tried to form board with 2 projects with another CMP project (it was the source of settings of my new project) and there is no problem with it. It is displaying sub-tasks there. 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

Hello @fatih.topuz ,

If you searched with the board filter query, in normal jql search are you able to see sub-tasks from Team managed projects ?

fatih.topuz August 30, 2022

Thanks for your answer, But I think, there is a misunderstand, team managed project is not giving chance to create a new board and JQL search is only for the issues of the project (where the board is in) and not from other project. For that reason, it is not addressing my problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events