Trying to figure out if jira is the right tool for my Entreprise

Adrian Hollo September 20, 2022

We are a small team of 6 persons ( 4 Techs and 1 Manager who is also ponctually a tech , and a secretary who takes calls ) 

We do IT support , our clients call us  because they need help .

However at the moment,our workflow is very very archaic, meaning:

The secretary recieves a call from an customer , she then has to write a mail to us with what the customer needs and his number,we call him , we try to solve his problem remotely (usually by phone or team viewer) , and if not possible, we'll have to intervene on-site. 

Then ,at the end of an intervention, we usually make an formulary with what we've done(client,if he's under contract,so we can deduct hours off him, who did what, comments,etc) . 

Then that is being sent back to the secretary so that she can add or deduct hours off an excel spreadsheet according to how many hours we've done with the client .

I want to centralise all of that,no more mail writing , no more back and forth between secretary and us.

I want that: as soon as she recieves a call,she can start a ticket that is being sent to us(while still on the phone,without having the need to write a lot, what i'm thiking are checkboxes already pre-ordered ) , we recieve the ticket, we open it and attribute it( with time management) , we make the call/necesary remote support, all is good,we close the ticket,we still make the intervention formulary and then i want to attach it to the ticket .

3 answers

3 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Adrian Hollo and welcome to the community,

This looks like a job for Jira Service Management. I would offer your clients the possibility to raise their own request, and/or activate the email request type (so when they send an email to a specific email address, a ticket will be created).

I would definitely suggest to try JSM For agents under 3, it's free, but it comes with certain limitations https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing

You can have 1-2 agents working on issues, and the devs on JSW doing the work.

Problem would be getting the clients to do that,since 95% of clients do it by phone and they got too used to that,however our work gets saturated quickly . 

At the moment i'm in Jira Work Management , and honestly it's a good experience ,sine it's relatively simple to use,even for someone who isn't a tech

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

It's a slow process, the transition from phone to email requests, to entering a portal. You could try it though. But if you want your clients to raise requests, then JSM is the way (because they have SLAs, queues, portal, service catalogue etc). Jira Work Management can't do these things I mentioned.

I'm looking for more akin to a time tracking combined with some work management. 

What we want is to know how much time we spend on an intervention.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

If intervention you mean time to each status, then look into some apps from the marketplace.

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Adrian Hollo 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, you can try out our add-on to get this data.

How much time each ticket was in each status.

Time in Status Reports 

The main features are as below

• Multiple Time in Status Reports. Excel Export available for all status reports.
    • Time in Status
    • Time with Assignee
    • Time in Status with Assignee
    • Time with Assignee per Status
    • Status/Assignee Count
    • Multiple Transition Reports
    • Avg Time in status reports
    • Status Transition Dates Report
    • Time in Status Per Time Grain
    • Time with Assignee Per Time Grain
  • Status grouping
  • Save your reports
  • CSV Export
  • Multiple chart types
  • Dashboard Gadget

TIS.PNG

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 25, 2022

Hi @Adrian Hollo

As an alternative, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Lucy Warner_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hello @Adrian Hollo 

If you need to track intervention (means time spent in each workflow status or other status metrics), you can discover the detailed info about the Time in Status report and 6 other types f status time reports of Time in Status for Jira Cloud add-on and choose the one that fits your needs the best. 

tisreport.png

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events