Try the new Jira Cloud add-on for Google Sheets - No results

Lillian Shibata-Salley May 9, 2019

Just installed the addon and tried a starred filter and when I said to get data, nothing happens. What may I be missing?

2 answers

1 vote
donovan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2019

Hi,

Normally, "Get Data" will include a row of column headers, even if Jira returns no results.  Are you getting even that?

If you try this again, and it fails, could you please leave feedback via the integration and select "Can Contact".  That will give us an approximate time and your user id, which we can use to investigate what happened in the logs.

Thanks and Cheers,
Donovan

leave_feedback.pngleave_feedback2.png

Lillian Shibata-Salley May 13, 2019

Thanks will leave feedback - no column headers.

Done :)

Like donovan likes this
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

Hi,
One thing to try is clicking the "Open in Jira" button next to the "get data" button. This should open Jira in the web browser and show all the issues that we would expect the integration to import into sheets if all is working well and in turn this should give us a better idea the scope of the problem.

Try to double check the max rows to see if it is set to a number > 0 (and not blank). That is one possible way you could get unexpected results.

Let me know the results.
Andy

Open in JIRA works and takes me to my filter. Max rows is set to 5000.

Suggest an answer