Transition Identifier must be integer Error facing in Jira

Priyanka Gajera September 5, 2022

We are using salesforce to Jira integration and using mulesoft as a integration tool. but facing below error in Jira 

{"errorMessages":["'transition' identifier must be an integer"],"errors":{}}

Transition error.png

1 answer

1 vote
Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Can you show how it's configured? You need to enter the ID of the transition

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-fine-transition-ID-of-JIRA/qaq-p/1207483 something ismilar

Priyanka Gajera September 6, 2022

Hi @Lukasz Grobelny 

Here I attached all image that show full integration between jira to salesforce. Image for mulesoft composer flow (refer in sequential order), Jira status code, salesforce status and salesforce record image. Salesforce Case Record.png

Jira Status.pngSalesforce Case Status.png1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png13.png14.png15.png

Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

In Mulesoft, can you try adding 21 instead of Selected for Development in the Status field?

OK see it's mapped.

Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2022

Is it working for any transitions?

Priyanka Gajera September 7, 2022

Hi @Lukasz Grobelny 

In Salesforce, I set status API name is Integer for ex. Selected for Development  status- API name is 21, In Progress - API name is 31.

Here my Scenario is, Issue create from salesforce to Jira. In Jira, I update the status from Backlog to Selected for Development. It will update in salesforce(here in salesforce, for Selected for Development - API name is 31 so it will create new inactive status Selected for Development - API name is Selected for Development in salesforce and update in record). Now I'm going to update anything like description or priority from salesforce side then it will throwing error 'Transition Id must be integer' because In Salesforce record, It stored Selected for Development - API name is Selected for Development and Jira accept Integer value.

How should I resolve this issue?

Suryansh Gupta April 27, 2023

Hi @Priyanka Gajera 

You can set API name of status field values as integer and then when you try to map and run the composer flow it will accept integer values and the flow will not throw error.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events