Time zone descrepancy between WBS Gantt Chart and exported excel

Y.H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 7, 2021

I added some custom fields as date picker in JIRA and displayed them as WBS Gantt Chart columns too.

They are available in WBS Gantt Chart screen correctly, however, when I export WBS Gantt Chart to excel, it seems the date fields are converted to another time zone.

Current situation;
  Windows setting: UTC+9
  JIRA personal setting: UTC+1
  Date field input in JIRA : 2021/7/5
     -> displayed as 2021/7/5 in WBS Gantt Chart
          -> exported as 2021/7/4 in excel

I tried;
  Windows setting: UTC                                                  <- I changed here
  Date field input in JIRA : 2021/7/5
     -> displayed as 2021/7/5 in WBS Gantt Chart
          -> exported as 2021/7/5 in excel             <- It worked

From the result of what I tried above, it seems that the date is converted from Windows time zone to UTC when WBS Gantt Chart is exported to excel.

Is there any setting which allows us to export the date field in the correct time zone the same as displayed in WBS Gantt Chart with below setting as well?
  Windows setting: UTC+9

1 answer

0 votes
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Hello @Y_H ,

This is Hal from Ricksoft. We tried to reproduce the behaviour, but could not do that.

Could you please take a video while the issue is being reproduced and send it to our support desk?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Sincerely.
Hal
Ricksoft

Y.H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2021

Hello @Hikaru ,

Thank you very much for your support.

I took a video to explain what happens to us and sent it to the support desk from the link you mentioned.

I hope it would be helpful for your team to replicate the issue.

Best regards,
Y_H

Like Hikaru likes this
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Hello @Y_H ,

Thank you so much! We'll do our best to resolve the issue.

All the best,
Hal

Suggest an answer