Time tracking date / time formatting

Iain Waddell December 2, 2021

The date / time format for time tracking seems to be stuck on US format.

I've recently discovered I was using US language. I've switched to UK format and logged out and back in, but my date / time for time tracking is still in US format

12/2/2021 12:29 PM

How can I change this to be UK formatted 02/12/2021 12:29?

5 answers

0 votes
Stephen De Gabrielle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

there is a bug ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77988
and it is currently 'In review' as at march-2024

This was raised 12/09/2021. 

based on the Atlassian Cloud Bug Fix Policy(1) the current status of 'In review' would indicate progress: 

> In review A fix for this issue has been proposed and is being reviewed and quality-tested by the development team.

and

> Once a bug fix is written, tested, and verified, we’ll progressively roll it out to your site as soon as we reasonably can - in many cases this will occur within a few days.

> Please note the above priorities, timeframes and objectives are intended to provide general guidance on how Atlassian internally handles bugs. Any response times or resolution timeframes in this document are non-binding targets, and do not create any representations, warranties, obligations or liabilities. Your agreement with Atlassian governs any use of the applicable cloud service(s) and any related issues.

There appears to be recent progress, including it being set to 'Waiting for Release' for two working days from 5am on 25-march-2024

> Waiting for release A fix for this issue has been implemented and is waiting to be rolled out.

It would appear the fix did not pass review because it was reset to 'In Review' two work days later at 6:50pm on the 26-March-2024

1/ https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-cloud-bug-fixing-policy-206865884.html

0 votes
Remi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

I have the same problem.

Looks like there is a workaround in this closed Jira Issue: New Issue View does not respect Jira's Advanced Settings Date Format (JRACLOUD-68381)

And an open ticket posted as "Under concideration" here, so feel free to upvote it: Allow further customization for date and date/time field (that's not limited to Account preferences) (JRACLOUD-76814) 

0 votes
James Dent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 1, 2024

Same exact issue in 2024. 

0 votes
Jennifer Iglesias Morales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 17, 2021

Hi, It happens exactly the same

0 votes
Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Hello @Iain Waddell as far as my understanding, with Cloud you are not able to update the time view just for your individual profile as it is a system-level setting. So the date and time formatting will always display what is set at the Jira level. 

Iain Waddell December 3, 2021

Thanks for the feedback.

Since all of our team are based in Europe, how would my manager change this?

Can you tell me where I can point him to get this changed?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

Hi, @Iain Waddell Sorry for my delayed response here. If you are wanting to have that formatting changed for the entire Jira cloud instance you will want to make sure that your Manager has admin access. They will then want to navigate to the admin screen, this can be done by selecting the cog icon on the top right corner by the profile picture. From there on the left-hand side, there will be an option called "Look and Feel", scroll down to the Date/Time formats and it can be changed from there.

Once again this will change it for the entire Jira instance for all users, so I advise to make sure that all accessing this Jira are good with this type of update.

Iain Waddell December 15, 2021

Thanks. I asked our administrator and apparently we're already configured for European dates:

Date Formatting.png

but whenever I try to enter a time tracking:

Time Tracking.png

As you can see these appear to be in US format. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Hello @Iain Waddell - I am not 100% certain on that one. Will need to do some looking into this.

Kevin Davies
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 28, 2021

I'm seeing exactly the same behaviour; is there any update on this please?

Iain Waddell January 19, 2022

Hello @Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM - I was wondering if you'd been able to find anything on this. It's still as annoying in 2022 as it was in 2021.

Casumo Services January 31, 2022

Same issue here, wondering if it will get fixed.

Andrey Permyakov January 31, 2022

Has anyone got the bug?

Like Casumo Services likes this
Casumo Services February 1, 2022

@Andrey Permyakov yes we have this issue.

Andrey Permyakov February 1, 2022

@Casumo Services 

Can you share the issue link?

Casumo Services February 1, 2022

@Andrey Permyakov what issue link? What do you mean?

Iain Waddell February 1, 2022

I think @Casumo Services meant he is experiencing the same issue, not that he's from Atlassian and has logged the issue.

Iain Waddell February 23, 2022

Hello @Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM I did message in January but no response, so I'm trying again. Have you had a chance to find out anything more on this issue?

From the comments it would appear a few others are also annoyed by this issue.

Sarathi Chatterjee May 23, 2023

Hi guys ?

Same issue here in the UK .

Any thoughts ? 

Thanks 

Steve October 26, 2023

Same problem in Australia. 

Can someone official please look at this bug?

Iain Waddell October 27, 2023

Thanks Daniel, but there's a bug, it's not tied to the language, as you suggest.

I'm configured for English (UK) and I still get US date format.

Like # people like this
Stephen De Gabrielle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 16, 2024

Has this issue been fixed? Does anyone know the fix?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events