Time tracking based on Assignee

Hitesh Chopra April 17, 2019

Hi, I need help in JQL query for time tracking by asignee per sprint or per project.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hello Hitesh,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

I understand that you would like to create a JQL query that will display issues time tracking ordered first by Assignee and second by Sprint/project. Is that correct?

If I have properly understood it, you can do the steps below:

- Go to your issue navigator > Select List view > Add the columns you want for your view (Time tracking fields, assignee, Sprints, etc)

- Then, add the following query to in the filter bar (Advanced mode):

ORDER BY assignee ASC, sprint ASC

Your issues will be ordered by its assignee and by their Sprints:

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 16.17.36.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Hitesh Chopra April 23, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Thanks for your help. That works.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Hitesh Chopra April 23, 2019

Also Petterson, I am stuck in confluence where i am trying to pull up project portfolio dashboard based on the individual status reports created along with labels. Would you be able to help me? I can provide you more details.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hello Hitesh,

I'm glad to know I was able to help you.

In order to get better visibility for the other people on Community so they can also help you with this, I suggest you open a new question regarding the Confluence issue that you are facing with all the details you can provide.

Just make sure you are not providing any confidential data since the community is a public channel.

Have a nice day. :)

1 vote
Bonding June 19, 2019

Hello, I would suggest TMetric as this time tracking software was specially designed for remote teams, developers and freelancers so there is an option of tracking by assignee.  

Suggest an answer