Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Time Log & Multiple Assignees

Dear Jira,

1. Would like to ask for Sprints/Kanban boards, is there a possibility to have >1 assignee per ticket? If yes, kindly guide me through the process to add multiple assignees.

2. Can we time log our time spent on a certain project if there is no ticket made for my role and responsibilities. How do I log my time spent on a project in Jira. Kindly advice and demo.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Samuel Chan 

Welcome to the community.

1. In Jira you can specify only one person at a time in the Assignee field of an issue. And really it is an anti-pattern to assign an issue to more than one person at a time. How would you know which person is actually responsible for the issue?

You could create Sub-tasks under your issue and assign each sub-task to a different person, if you want to track the work of two people in parallel on one issue.

2. No, you cannot log time against a project. Time is logged against issues. You will need to have an issue in the project against which you can log time.

But you can have many people log time on a single issue, assignee or not.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events