Tickets in the Done column are rolling over to next sprint?

sarah February 10, 2021

When I close a sprint, some tickets in the Done column are rolling over to the Done column in the next sprint.  Can someone please advise why this is happening?  I did add an extra column the other day to end, could that be confusing things?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Hi Sarah - The Done status must be in the last column on the sprint board for the issues to be considered Done and not moved to the next Sprint. 

sarah February 11, 2021

Ok thank you, I've fixed it :-)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Moshe Weiss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2024

@John Funk  @Pramodh M 

I have a question regarding that - I have something similar. I am using a status (green status, in done category) and I don't want it to roll over to next sprint. 

How do I configure this status to haver the checkmark and not move to next sprint?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2024

The status must be in the last column of the Scrum board. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

Did you change the status where the resolution is set?

It may be possible when the issues are in status "Done". Please check if it's resolved.

If it's not resolved it may move over to the next sprint.

Thanks,
Pramodh

sarah February 10, 2021

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by "where the resolution is set?"

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

When you move the issues to the done column, please check whether the resolution is set for that issue.

sarah February 10, 2021

The tickets were all marked as "Done" in the Done column 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

FYI,

Do you see a checkmark when you move to the done column as follows

Done Column.png

sarah February 10, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.18.25 PM.pngit looks like this.  I haven't paid much attention to it before so I will keep an eye on that

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

So, watch this...

the issues where checkmark is not present are the ones that are moving to the next sprint.

Please follow along the guide to know more

Below I have 3 issues in "Done" Column and 2 issues in the "In progress" column

Sprint 1.png

When I try to complete the Sprint it asks with the following

Sprint 2.png

We have options of moving the issues to either backlog or new sprint

Sprint 3.png

You can see here the issues moved to new sprint

Sprint 4.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

sarah February 10, 2021

All of the open tickets did move to the next sprint.  Some of the Done tickets disappeared.  There were a few Done tickets that stayed in the Done column.  I think it might be because I added an extra column.  I've now moved that before the Done column to see if that makes a difference.  Thanks for your help. 

Like Pramodh M likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

Yes, Done Column should be at the last!

Moshe Weiss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2024

@John Funk  @Pramodh M  I am experiencing something similar.

I am using a green status which is not done (but in Done Category) which doesn't have a checkmark, hence rolling to next sprint.

How can I configure it to not roll to next sprint? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events