Ticket authorisations

lorenzo biasi May 20, 2022

hello everyone
is it possible for a Jira project to give users visibility only of the tickets in which they are reporters, assignees, commentators, observers, and exclude from their view all other tickets in the project of which they are part?

grazie

Lorenzo

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi Lorenzo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, you can accomplish that by using Issue Level Security. You can learn more about that here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

lorenzo biasi May 23, 2022

Hi John, thanks for your advise.

I made configuration are explain in that link but I need one more help; I saw it's possible to add level security just to every single ticket and not extend to all Project by default.

I'm losing something that I have to know or it's not possible to extend to all ticket in the project, and I can add level security operating on every single ticket?

thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Yes, you can add the security level by default to every issue when it is created. But you will need to do a bulk change to update all of the existing issues to use the security level. 

Yes, it's true. 

Problem now is that If I add security level and for example I exclude User role from visualization of issue, tickets for which the user is the reporter are also deleted from the user's view and this is not what I want

Do I need to add security level to Reporter too? this configuration is stronger than user exclusion?

I hope I can make myself understood and thank you very much,

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Sorry, but I am not understanding the problem. Can you give me an exact use case? For example User A creates a ticket and is the reporter and can see the ticket. But User B did not create it and needs to see it. Is it something like that? 

this is my use case. If I don't add "user" role, USER A can't see the ticket, probably because I have to add Reporter to Security Level?

ticket.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Yes, you need to add the Reporter to the Security Level.  :-)

Like lorenzo biasi likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events