There is a particular user, when a issue gets assign to him the ID is not visible properly.

Megha Sinha January 6, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.56.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.57.17 PM.png

Instead of userId 'janic1' its showing JIRAUSER114400.

The user left the organization once and rejoined again,Hence there are two entries in Users.

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

@Megha Sinha, this isn't a cause for concern. What you are seeing is the "user-key" of the user. Prior to Jira 8.2, the username always matched the user key, unless the user key was already taken, or the username had been manually changed.

Since Jira 8.2, they've changed user keys to be "anonymized" as you see in the screenshots you've shared.

I wouldn't worry about this. Also, I'd consider taking down some of the screenshots containing personal information such as names and email addresses.

Megha Sinha January 7, 2021

But, its not for the old username, its happening for the current user, who is active.

Whenever, he is getting any issue assigned his current userkey is not visible.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

I see what you mean but as Kian already said this is how it was designed to work for versions after 8.2 according to documentation:

We’re changing this approach so that all user keys for new users (no changes for existing users) have the following format: JIRAUSER10100.

As it reads: "for new users" with the former account "janic" it did not happen (presumable created before version 8.2 was deployed on your system).

Also "belarirrc" is a older account. In case he leaves the company and comes back with "belarirrc1" you will see the same behaviour.

The full documentation was already linked by Kian.

Like Megha Sinha likes this
0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Megha Sinha 

It seems the userkey was changed to that string when the user was recreated even though the username is 'janic1'. If i'm not mistaken on Server you can change the userkey via API. have you considered such option?

Suggest an answer