Tempo Plan time for team members

Claudia Pizarro Videla May 23, 2023

Hi all,

I am trying to plan time for my team. I would like to do so while creating the task and definiting its original estimate value. In this example, I am not the assignee of this task however if I click on plan time the plan time only accepts my user for planning. I am aware that I could do this from the planning tab on tempo, but I want to be able to plan the workload for my team at the moment of creating the task, not afterwards. 

Imagen1.png

Any suggestions / solutions?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Wu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Claudia Pizarro Videla 

You can follow these steps below:

Creating Plans in the Jira Issue View
To create plans for yourself directly in the Jira issue view, you don’t need any special permissions:
In the Jira issue view, click the Tempo icon  in the toolbar at top to display the Tempo panel.
In the panel, click the Plan Time button or select Plan Time from the + drop-down.
Fill out the Plan Time form.
A team lead or anyone with Manage Plans permission for a team can also plan time for those team members from the Jira issue view:
Open the Plan Time form.
In the User drop-down, start typing the name of the team member to search for and to plan time for it.
https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-planner/resource-planning/planning-time-for-resources/the-plan-time-form.html

Hope this helps.

BR,

Susan Wu

Tempo Product Expert

Věra Fládrová
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2024

Hi, I found this when searching solution for my problem. I have the same situation as described by Claudia. But the problem is, that in the User dropdown there are no generic resources, typing their names doesn't help. I can see only real users. I have checked that I have "Manage plans" Tempo permission in the teams with the generic resources.

I can plan time for my coleagues and generic resources in Tempo Planner but not generic resources in a single issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events