Tasks queue

Mateusz Czuchrak November 23, 2021

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to create a view/scheme where I could be able to see what every developer in my team is working on right now and what are the next tasks in his/her queue? 

The point is I would like to have better control over priorities and be able to decide what issues should the Dev handle next by setting in directly in JIRA 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

I think you could use a Kanban board for this, where:

• you set the "assignee" field to be used as swimlane
  • the order of the developer's tasks is represented by their vertical order

It is a bit different layout than the one in your drawing, but it can also show you the status of the tasks. 

Mateusz Czuchrak November 25, 2021

Can you tell me more on how to create such board? 

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021
0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2022

Hi, @Mateusz Czuchrak !

One of the solutions, you can check if you're comfortable with Marketplace plugins, is Recurring Checklists and Report add-on. My team has developed it to implement an agile tool to control team productivity.

• So, you need to set up checklists with action items, descriptions and assign them to the person who is responsible for these tasks

To have better control over priorities you can use a one-page report that shows tasks complications by every assignee.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2021

Hi Mateusz - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are you identifying what would be the next tasks for the Developer? 

Mateusz Czuchrak November 25, 2021

We just have daily meetings where we talk and assign tasks to each Dev. I would like to change that and do it in JIRA to make it visual. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2021

So if Jira were to do that automatically, how it would know what to do? 

Mateusz Czuchrak November 28, 2021

I didn't mean JIRA should do it automatically. I'm still going to manually assign task to each developer but I want to have a board in JIRA so I can see what's the task queue for each developer. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

I still don't understand how you would know which task is going to which developer next.  There has to be some type of logic there.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

@Mateusz Czuchrak  - any update? 

Mateusz Czuchrak December 7, 2021

I actually used group by: asignee in the board ant it works for me 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Great! Can you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes
Mateusz Czuchrak November 23, 2021

It would look something like this Screenshot_1.png

vinod varghese April 27, 2022

Is it got resolved?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders