Tartget start and Target End dates

sarathgd August 17, 2022

Hi,

I have a structure with different issue types with target start and end dates.

Ex: Feature >> Story >> Task >> sub-task.

Start Date  End date: 

Feature   12/Jul/22       30/Oct/22

Story       12/Jul/22        30/Sep/22

Task         14/Jul/22        10/Oct/22

Sub-task   15/Oct/22      30/Oct/22

I need to help to write formula on the Start Date and End Date columns to extract Feature start date is the start of the date and end date should be end of the entire feature (means story, task and sub-tasks must be closed) date - 30/Oct/22. I noticed there are Min and Max functions in Expr but I am not able to get the dates.

Any help will be really appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2022

Hello @sarathgd ,

David from ALM Works here.

Is the goal to set the value at the feature level?  Or to visualize the start and end dates from the issues below the feature in a separate column?  At the moment, it is not possible to set the value, but we can visualize the difference via a formula.

In either case you will want to use the MIN and MAX functions with a modifier, probably #children based on your example.

The formulas would look like this:

MIN#children{startdate}
MAX#children{enddate}

You can add them as separate formula columns to see the results.  You may need to map the start and end dates to the appropriate fields.

Please let me know if this helps, or if there is any additional criteria you would like to add.

Best,
David

sarathgd August 19, 2022

Thanks David, this really worked for the structure which I am working .

Like # people like this
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2022

You are very welcome!  Glad it helped!!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders