Tagging permisions

Rob Pimlott May 24, 2021

Hoping someone can help?

I have searched high and low for the "tagging" permssion in Jira. I can't find it anywhere?

I am wanting to allow clients and others the ability to tag other Jira users in comments within tickets.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Rob Pimlott 

There is not one specific setting for this, but I believe there are two permissions required here:

1. The Add Comments permission, which is set in the project's permission scheme (allows users to add comments)
  2. The Browse Users and Groups permission in the Global Permissions section (under Settings > System > Global Permissions (this allows you to tag the users in the comment)

If users are within a project role or group linked to both of these permissions, then they should be allowed to tag anyone with a Jira account on your site

Rob Pimlott May 24, 2021

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, this method hasn't worked due to shared permissions in other closed groups.

The Browse Users and Groups permission looks to grant administrative access to all other groups associated in the account.

Master June 2, 2023

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  This helped me out. Changing Browse Users and Groups allowed a "visitor" group that I created to tag people without giving them admin rights.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events