TFS4JIRA Errors during initial synchronization

Mykhailo Pavliuk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2021

Hi!
I keep getting the same error while trying to perform initial sync from Azure Devops to Jira Cloud using TFS4Jira:

Error updating Jira issue with data from TFS work item #6 - work item did not contain issue key

I logged a ticket to Spartez support but so far got no response and figured maybe someone faced similar issue before.

Both users used in authorization have admin permissions and are shown as connected in profile settings. Looks like the problem is TFS Work items are not updated with corresponding Jira issue when it's created. I'm sure TFS user has permissions to modify fields or leave comments.

Any advice is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Farah Idayu Othman February 1, 2024

Hi @Mykhailo Pavliuk ,

I understand you are having an issue while performing an initial sync from ADO to Jira Cloud.

Since you are in the Cloud environment, it is recommended that you use a dedicated account for the synchronizer.

It needs to be a user that is NOT performing actual edits or creation on the ADO side. The reason is for us to prevent data loops where we will filter anything out that is placed in ADO by the sync user.
Meaning if you are the sync user, and you place the comment under the ADO work item, we will ignore it. You need to create a sort of service user that will only be used for the sync.

As you may know, Initial Synchronization allows you to transfer the older issues which have been updated last time prior to setting up the TFS4JIRA app.

All the items that may be created before PROFILE creation are still be synced with live loop if they have been updated(add comments, change status, add label, and etc) after the profile creation.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Warm regards,
Farah

Suggest an answer