System dashboard - Permission

Kiruthika January 20, 2021

How can I view and modify the System Dashboard permission.

By default is it set to Public and able to accessed outside the org?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

There is no way to make the system dashboard  private.  You never want to, as it's the landing point for users who have not chosen something else.

Jira and system admins can amend what is on it. 

If you're worried about "leaking" information that you should not, then the system dashboard respects the permissions and visibility that you set in the project level - if you can see something on the dashboard, making the dashboard private is of no use, the issue that it's reporting on can be seen and that's where you need to think about the privacy

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kiruthika January 20, 2021

Thanks for the response Kagithala Babu Anvesh, but I was referring to "System Dashboard" with no owner associated with it. 

Seems like it has to be public, and we need to set the global permissions correctly so that the content is not exposed to not-logged in users, reference: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-make-System-Dashboard-private/qaq-p/1079013

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Kiruthika ,

Are You jira admin, if yes 

Go to Dashboards -->View all Dashboards --> 

image.png

Click on settings (...)

Edit and Share Dashboard

Choose the settings  from the dropdown as below 

image.png

Dave Brockman December 6, 2021

There isn't an option to mark the "System Dashboard" as private in Jira Cloud. The interface you showed is what is possible for every other dashboard other than the "System Dashboard".

Jira_system_dashboard.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events