Suppress "Update Parent Issue" pop-up?

In GH, I have stories with sub-tasks and stories show as swimlanes with the sub-tasks underneath.

When all the sub-tasks are moved to our Done (closed state) column, a pop up is presented that says:

"Update Parent Issue

All sub-tasks for parent issue XYZ-01 are now Closed.

Do you want to update this parent issue to match?"

I understand this is normally helpful, but not for us.

Is there any way to suppress it?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Apr 10, 2013

Hey there, Doug.

I don't think that this can be configured via the JIRA UI itself. Since this requires the customisation of your source code, we would recommend you to either contact the following channel that might be able to provide you with the assistance that you need.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

I was able to edit the header.jsp to turn this off see this answer

I just posted on the JIRA Software suggestion: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8770

Essentially, you can use Script Runner to temporarily disable the "Closed" transition for the parent issue... and thus the popup won't be displayed.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,189 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you