Summarize the values in Opportunity value

Hi. 

I have a business board for leads and found and added the field Opportunity value. Is there an easy way for a newbie like me to summarize the values for field for several issues?

Thanks

N

2 answers

0 votes

What type of field is it, and what are you looking for from a "summary"?

The field is one that I could chose to add to my issues, nothing that I myself invented. I guess it is a part of the predefined filelds for a "business" project.

What I am looking for is to summarise the values in this field for several ticket. Ideally a summary for all tickets with a specific status in my workflow.

Thanks for taking the time!

Ok, useful background, but what type of field is "opportunity value" and what do you want a summary to look like?

Not sure how to answer the question about what type of field. It holds numeric values, but other than that I'm sure what to say... 

The report could be super simple. Columns with my statuses and the sum of the opportunity values on the next row. If this is displayed horisontal or vertical does not really matter to me. 

"Holds numeric values" is good enough - it's a number field, and a summary of "add them up" works great.

As Jack says, there's no simple way to add up arbitrary fields in Jira - you'll want to look for add-ons to do that.  The "sum up" add-on springs to mind first!

Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 28, 2017

ah, "sum up" the name was so obvious I missed it! LOL.

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 28, 2017

I’m going to go out on a limb here with the following guesses:

• Opportunity values is a customer field created by someone in your organization
  • the field type is likely numeric vs text
  • this field is used to capture the estimated dollar value if the issue (feature) is delivered
  • you want to be able to show the total potential value of all the issues in a given status

If the above is basically correct there is no way to total fields in JIRA. Maybe via a plugin but not personally familiar with any such feature. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

911 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot