Subtasks are not connected when using the replication and linking function.

sm.park April 7, 2021

Hi

I added to the postfunction so that a subtask is created when the checkbox option is

selected using the scriptrunner's create a subtask function in the case of a Create issue in

the workflow. There are a total of 8 subtask creation functions above, and after that, by

using the Clone an issue, and links function, the issue has been implemented to duplicate

the issue in another project. However, after cloning, the Parents Task becomes a link, but the

subtask is not. Is there any way to solve the above problem?

I am also using JMWE addon besides Scriptrunner.

My Jira version: 8.3.1

Scriptrunner version: 6.15.0

Summary scenario

1. Create Ticket in JSM Project

2. Subtask creation according to the option selected in the checkbox when ticket is created

3. The created Ticket is a JSW Project, Clone an issue link

4. In JSW Project, only Parents Tickets are linked.

Expect result

Clone after linking with subtask

1 answer

0 votes
John Chin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @sm.park ,

It could be the clone and link issue post-function only recognise the parent issue id.

You can try this option by putting the clone issue script in the "Additional issue actions" field. So, when the create subtask post-function executed and clone and link the issue to the subtask automatically.

(disable the clone and link issue post-function while testing)

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 1.34.50 PM.png

In the clone and link issue script, you can retrieve the subtask issue key and apply to the script, for example:

def issueToCloneKey = "PROJA-1"

to

def issueToCloneKey = issue.key

I hope this helps. 

Suggest an answer