Subtask use workflow of parent

brwarner November 13, 2020

I have a different workflow set for Tasks vs Stories but each can have their own Sub-Tasks. Is there a way to have the Sub-Tasks use the workflow associated with their parent? So far it seems I have to pick a single workflow in the workflow scheme for Sub-Tasks to follow.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Szabolcs Kiss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

That's right, in a workflow scheme you can assign only one workflow to an issue type. You can have different Sub-task issue types for Tasks and Stories.

brwarner November 13, 2020

Oh, that's a smart idea. I know how to make a new sub-task issue type. Is there a way to associate each type with their parent type? I'm thinking about when clicking the plus button on the Sub-Tasks list of an issue, deciding which it creates?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Sub-tasks belong to a project - any issue in the project can have sub-tasks of any type that belong to the the project.

When you click the "create sub-task" button, it will ask you which type you want to create

Like brwarner likes this
brwarner November 14, 2020

That makes sense. Thanks!

Suggest an answer