SubTasks Failing after Working for Months

Patrick Roberts January 18, 2021

JIRA Service Management Cloud install, working quite well for a few months, then a user who was able at one point to add subtasks, can no longer add them. 

The user gets the following when adding a subtask.  (It graphically adds the task but shows an error)

2021-01-18 17_07_24-Clipboard.png

Thanks for any assistance with this!  As far as I can tell nothing at all changed from the project configuration side to cause this.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Patrick Roberts  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There were a few older and newer reports on this...  Some things to check...

• Is only one person having this symptom, or are there others?  Is that user using the new or the old issue view?  If new, ask them to try to switch to the old view.  (There was recently a fix for this symptom and the new issue view.)
  • Have you checked the default user for the project?  If that user is inactive this symptom could occur.
  • Are there any required fields for sub-tasks which are not on the sub-task view?  If so, ensure the required fields are on the view.

If it is still happening after checking these things, please ask your site admin to submit a support ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Patrick Roberts January 28, 2021

@Bill Sheboy -- Thanks!

1) Multiple 

2) Default user is the user who is having the primary problem, but it also affects others (me)

3) Oh that may be the case, I will look.

Cheers and thanks for responding.

-- 

Patrick

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer