Strikethrough on "DONE" issues in backlog + filter them out

yafit June 7, 2020

How do I strikethrough "DONE" issues in backlog and filter them out in the Backlog view?

I saw the question here and did all the steps that were in the answers and yet, didn't get the required result :( 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2020

Hi Yafit - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You need to add a post function to the transition to Done in your workflow that sets the value of the Resolution field. (Use the Update Issue Field post function).

You can see more information in this previous post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-Strikethrough-a-task-after-I-marked-it-quot-Done-quot/qaq-p/1346813

yafit June 7, 2020

Thanks.

I've already done that - followed each and every step of your detailed answer.
Marked the resolution to done and the others as none - cleared.

Still, no change :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2020

So if you look at one of the Done issues - does the Resolution field have a value in it?

yafit June 8, 2020

Now I see that the resolution field value is 'Unresolved' - why is that? what should I do in order to have it 'resolved' when updating the status to DONE?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2020

The reason the Resolution field is empty is because you were not setting the value of the field when it was marked Done.

If you followed the step by step instructions in the other post above then that problem is solved for the future. But it will not automatically update the existing issues that are already Done.

To do that you will need to create a looping transition on the Done status (a transition from Done to Done.

Then follow the same steps in the other post to add a post function to set the Resolution field.

Then you can do a Bulk change for all of the issues where the Resolution is empty and the status is Done to transition the issues using the new looping transition.

yafit June 8, 2020

Now, everything is clear! thanks for the detailed and professional answer :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2020

Great! Glad I could help a little.  :-)

Chloe Doncieux
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

I hope you don't mind me asking another question on top of the previous one on this page.

I personally have issues in my backlog that have a green status (hence similar to CLOSED status, although we've called it NOT PROGRESSING), they do have a resolution value ("Won't Do"), but still appear in my backlog which I don't want to because we would not pick them up...

I don't understand why! 

Can you please help? Thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hi @Chloe Doncieux  - It's always better to ask a brand new question so many other people will see it. Otherwise it is just the people on that particular post who will see the question.  :-)

But let me see what I can with this one. If this is a Company-managed (Classic Software) project, I would edit the board settings to move the NOT PROGRESSING status out of the Backlog column. 

Like Chloe Doncieux likes this
Chloe Doncieux
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2021

Thanks for the swift reply @John Funk

Yeah I thought about doing that, but wondered in the first place why a ticket that's considered "Done" showing on there... 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events