Stories from multiple projects on one view

keith_vorderbruggen May 24, 2023

I am recovering from being a long time Rally user and am completely new to Jira.  I was unable to find this answer online, so any help would be appreciated.

I have management level people who want to view the progress of multiple teams all working on the same overarching issue.  User stories are located in several different projects.

I need a view that shows User Stories from multiple teams.

Is there a way to link multiple epics to a higher level item and view that item?  Is there a way to set a board and filter on just the User Stories connected to the main issue?  (I could tag them somehow or maybe filter based on the name if they all started with the same word(s).)

Thank you in advance for the help.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @keith_vorderbruggen,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Assuming that you are using company-managed projects you have a couple of options. You could create a board that brings in the stories from the different projects. What you see on a board is based on a filter, so as long as you have a filter that can get all the stories you are looking for then you can use that on a board.

Your second option would be Advanced roadmap, since you are on a premium plan. Same thing here, you can use filters, boards, and/or projects to view the information you are looking for.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Team-managed projects cannot be used in Advanced roadmaps, at least not yet. You may also find this article useful, Resources & FAQs from “Cross-team agility and collaboration at Lumen with Jira” webinar 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events