Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Status properties for edit permission affects issue view

Edited

Hello,

I´m working on a workflow for task issue type, where i need to limit the issues edit only for Admins.

I decide to work with status properties, becouse if i remove the edit permission for users, they  won´t be able to create issues in epic.

So, i tried the following propertie --> jira.permission.edit.group = Administrators

This work ok, peope who isn´t in administrator group can´t edit. But olso they´re not able to see the Original Estimate field on issue view. They only can see logged time on time trackig.

I don´t understand how is the edit permission related to "view"
the original estimate on screen.

1 answer

Hi @Sofia Quintero 

Please check issue layout. Maybe original estimate field is hidden.

qqq2.png

Nevertheless, I still do not quite understand why users not in administrator group would not be able to create issues in epic when you deny edit permission to anybode except administrators. In next screen itsa the same situation and its fully possible:

qqq3.png

Best regards,

Piotr

Hello @Piotr Zadrożny , Thank you for answer.

Sorry, maybe i was not clear enough.

When you deny users the edit permission by the scheme they´re not able to create issues in epic couse this action involves "edit" the epic. That´s why i did not edit the permission scheme, and i granted to all users the edit permission and manage it with the status properties to meet the requirement.

I share with you an atlassian answer:

ATL.png  

So, setting the propertie shown, will let users to create issues in epic, without removing them the edit permission.

For the other side, thank you you for thr help regarding the original estimate, it worked

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

584 views 21 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you