Start Date not mapping to advanced roadmap from bulk import

Blake Bahmanyar July 1, 2021

Hello,

When I bulk import issues through a .csv file to my project, all JIRA and custom fields I map transfer over and link smoothly except for the "Start date" which is supposed to populate on the advanced roadmap view. "Due date" which is also on the advanced roadmap view maps properly, so I'm not sure why the start date is not. Please advise

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hello @Blake Bahmanyar 

Welcome to the community.

Are you importing data to a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

Do you have more than one custom field named "Start Date"?

Hi Trudy - thank you.

Not sure if it's Company Managed or Team Managed. How can I check this?

No, there is only one custom field named "Start date." I did notice though that the "Start date" field is not shown on the right hand side of the issue page (see picture). My hunch is there needs to be a field there for it to map properly... is this the case? If so, how would I or an administrator create a field there for it?

jira.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

At the bottom of the navigation pane on the left it will say Team Managed or Company Managed.

Start Date may not be showing in the right-side pane, but it may still be part of the fields that are available.

If you scroll down in that section there will be a link for showing fields that have been hidden because they are empty, and there will be a link for Configuring fields. Note that this is just configuring your view of the fields available within the projects.

The next steps to confirm that the Start Date field is available to the project and the issues in it depends on whether it is a Company or Team managed project.

Thank you for the detailed steps. It is a company-managed project. I do not see "Start date" as an available field when clicking Configure Fields, or when clicking "Fields" on the left-hand side as pictured below.

jira2.PNG

I guess "Start date" would be here if it was available to the project:

jira3.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Correct, Start Date would need to be listed in the Field Configuration that is used for the issues in your project in order for you to access that field.

If you don't see it in the list, that suggests that the field has not be added to that Field Configuration and possibly that the field was never created. A Jira Administrator can confirm that the Start Date field exists (Settings > Issues > Custom Fields) in your instance and can add it to the Field Configuration Settings > Issues > Field Configurations) that is used in your project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events