Sprint name visibility in the backlog

arama mihai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hello,

I have a question about who can see and manage the sprints in the backlog of a board. My use case is relatively simple since it does not involve issues from multiple projects. 

I have several users with the "Manage sprints" permission and the backlog of my board has 6 sprints. One of these users sees 3 sprints. Another users sees 5, and I as an admin see all 6. 

One of my first questions is: shouldn't anyone with the manage sprints permission see all 6 sprints? 

Some issues inside these sprints are restricted via a user picker field through the permission scheme, but even so, those sprints appear visible to the user who sees 5 sprints in the backlog, and he just sees that they have 0 issues inside them and can still manage the sprint.

The user that sees only 3 sprints sees one of them with 0 issues as well. 

I reindexed the project and that did not help.

So, either all people who have manage sprints permissions see all the sprints and just the issues that are visible to them, or a user can only see the sprints where at least 1 issue is visible to them (but then why do sprints with 0 issues appear for both users)?

If anything is not clear or screenshots are needed, please let me know.

Thank you.

0 answers

Suggest an answer