Sprint burdown chart - does not respond to burning story points

Ola Czyż May 8, 2023

Hi there, 

I've got a problem with my sprint burdonw chart. The team has been working on this project for several sprints now and there has never been such a situation. Although the story points are burned, the chart does not respond to changes ( attachment). Can anyone have an idea what the causes could be? I'd appreciate your suggestions. 

Regards, 

Ola 

Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-8 o 16.31.21.pngZrzut ekranu 2023-05-8 o 16.32.20.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Are your issues being marked as "done"?   That is, in the last column of the board?

Ola Czyż May 8, 2023

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  yes, issues are marked as done and this status is in the last column.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Are the issues base-level issues (not sub-task types)?  And are all their sub-tasks (if they have them) in the last column too?

Ola Czyż May 10, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Each type of issues are marked as Done - status from the column on the far left. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2023

Um, that's the wrong end of the board, as I said, your Done status needs to be in the last column, not the first.

Are the issues base-level issues (not sub-task types)?  And are all their sub-tasks (if they have them) in the last column too?

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

Hi @Ola Czyż - Has there been any recent changes to workflow and/or board column config?  The burndown is based upon issues in the far right column.

Ola Czyż May 8, 2023

Hi @Mark Segall , thanks for the answer! I've already check this, as I know this could be an issue, but no, there were no changes within workflow or column board. 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Have you verified that the completed issues also have a resolved date and resolution?

Ola Czyż May 9, 2023

@Mark Segall yes, they have.Estimation of the story points was changed during the sprint. I am wondering, if this could affect? 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

That shouldn't impact.  I just verified in my test environment that I can change story points after sprint start and still get a burndown.

Ola Czyż May 10, 2023

@Mark Segall  Ok, I see. However, thank you for verifying this. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events