Sprint Report - Issues Not Completed vs. Issues Removed

Aimee Palmer March 29, 2018

When is an issue marked as 'Issue Removed' on the sprint report? Does it matter what phase of the workflow it is in? Are 'Issues Not Completed' the ones still in process at end of sprint and removed is something taken out after sprint starts? What happens if an issue is removed before the sprint starts - aka originally marked in a sprint but removed before it is started.

thx

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Bordenave December 7, 2020

Hey @Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

I'm trying to analyze old sprints from this year and I bit confused with the Issues removed from the sprints.

Usually when you're going to close the "X" sprint, if they are some issues not completed you're not able to close it until all those issues are moved to the next sprint.. or to the backlog. But from the Sprint Report prospective... those issues are treated as "Issues not completed" or "Issues removed from sprint".. do you know ?

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2018

Hey Aimee, 

Each case means something different. 

1) Issue removed: This means that an issue was manually removed from the sprint during while the sprint was active. Someone manually moved it to another sprint or cleared out the value. It doesn't matter what workflow state it was in.

2) Issues not completed: This means that the issue did not make it into the "done" column of the sprint board.

Aimee Palmer March 29, 2018

thank you!

Ana Ivanovska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Hi Kian,

Is there a way I can create a report or filter to track manually removed issues from sprint?

Thank You!

Ana

Suggest an answer