Sprint Name is auto populated when using Create Sprint Option in backlog page

Rishi Kumar Gupta Tadikamalla June 22, 2021

Hi All,

for my classic scrum project, when I use the 'Create sprint' button on the backlog page, the sprint name is auto-populated. Later we need to edit its start and end dates.

But, In one of my client's Jira software instances, when they use the 'Create Sprint' option, there is a create sprint form opened to enter the sprint details. 

Providing the screenshot for reference.

Please help me how can I switch to the same functionality in my Jira instance as well.

Is it a system property I need to enable or I have to upgrade my Jira to any specific version ????

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 10.55.10 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Hello @Rishi Kumar Gupta Tadikamalla,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The screenshot you shared is from a Jira Software Server and per the details you mentioned, you are using Jira Software Cloud. 

That screen to populate the sprint details while creating it is only available on the Server version. 

Based on your question, I created a feature request suggesting adding the same option on Cloud:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates from our product teams.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Rishi Kumar Gupta Tadikamalla June 24, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

Yes. it's my mistake of confusing with server and cloud.

Can I have the exact version number of Jira when it got released and its respective documentation, please  ...

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Rishi Kumar Gupta Tadikamalla,

Jira Cloud doesn’t have versions, it’s constantly updated based on the features asked on jira.atlassian.com.

Below is our roadmap where you can see what was shipped and what is being developed:

Rishi Kumar Gupta Tadikamalla June 25, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

I am asking, In which version of Jira Server, the sprint creation form has been introduced ???

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2021

Sorry for the misunderstanding, @Rishi Kumar Gupta Tadikamalla.

Checking the documentation and release notes, the feature released on version 8.8.

Dates for future sprints

So far you were able to plan future work but could not assign any specific dates to future sprints. Now it's changing! Whenever you create a sprint a pop-up opens allowing you to enter dates for this sprint.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events