Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Deleted user
0 / 0 points
Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Spinning wheel when trying to delete versions in a software project

Hello,

I'm a Jira Administrator on a Jira Software 8.0.2 using Server License, but for the last couple of months I've been unable to delete empty Jira Release versions from Jira project.

There are no issues assigned or affected by these versions, but when I try to delete it, a spinning wheel appears that remains stuck even for hours. If I refresh the page, the delete action is not taken and the version remains. 

Steps:

  1. Go to a software project -> Project Settings -> Versions page
  2. Select blank release 
  3. Select 3 dots for Actions > delete
  4. page is stuck with a spinning wheel.
  5. press F5
  6. release is not deleted, no error message appears. 

in 95% of cases this is the behavior when trying to delete the version. in the remaining 5% of cases I am able to delete the same version in the same project without any issue instantaneously. 

Any clues why this is happening ? Any workaround is highly appreciated. 

Thank you!

 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

95 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you