Somehow in a strange unknown project

Isabella Navarro March 27, 2023

I haven't used Jira, just logged in for the first time using my google account. However, first thing I see is that I already have something there??? I'm somehow in a strange project, that by the name you can clearly see it's hack or spam thing and can't get out of it! What is this?

Please someone help me get out of this situation!?

Screenshot 2023-03-28 011716.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 011839.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hello @Isabella Navarro 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

It appears that your login/email address has been granted access to some Jira instance set up by somebody. 

Unfortunately there is not a way that users can remove themselves from access to products to which they have been granted access. You would have to contact the owners/administrators of that Jira instance to ask them to remove you.

If they have enabled the Jira Admin Contact form you would see a link for it when you click the gear icon:

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 5.02.26 PM.png

Otherwise there is not much that can be done. Atlassian Support will not give you contact information for the owners of the instance due to privacy policies.

Isabella Navarro March 28, 2023

Fine. Thank you. I'll try to delete my account completely. I hope you understand that the privacy you are protecting is that of a SCAM company stealing people.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hello Isabella,

I am not an employee of Atlassian. I am just another user of their products with years of experience who has volunteered to be a Community Leader. 

Please do feel free to contact Atlassian Support directly to see if they can help you get disconnected from that site. Perhaps they have some new options that I have not learned about yet.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events