Smart Checklists, Dashboards, rich filters & JQL Query ?

CedB April 26, 2023

Hello there,

I'd like to know if there is a way for me to create a dashboard showing the number (and the description ?) of items of the (smart) checklist for a particular issue ?

Indeed, I have an issue that I (re)create every month, in which I have a (smart) checklist with several items. I know I can see the number of items when I'm on the issue itself but I would like to put it in a dashboard. Is there a way to do this ?

I tried with rich filters & JQL Query but can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Thanks a lot for your help,

2 answers

1 vote
Oleksandr Siryi_Railsware_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2023

Hi, @CedB and welcome to the community.

At the moment there's no way to do precisely what you are looking for.

Still, there are some options that may bring you close to the desired result:

I hope one of the above options will help you solve your case,

Oleksandr 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @CedB  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you provide a visual example of what you would like to see? 

CedB April 26, 2023

Unfortunately I cannot provide a visual example as I cannot post here with my professional laptop on which I use JIRA.

But I'm building a dashboard for my team's activity and each month I'd like a gadget to show the number of items of a checklist in a particular issue.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Understood - I am just not understanding what you are looking for though. 

Let's say your checklist has 6 items. Are you looking for something that says there are 15 issues with number 3 checked and 20 issues with number 4 checked, etc.? Or something different? 

CedB April 26, 2023

Oh sorry, I'll try to explain.

Let's say I have a specific issue, with a checklist containing 6 items.

I want, in my dashboard, to show the number of items (6) and if possible their description.

Is that clearer ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

I think the count for that is going to be hard. Can you just do a Filter Results gadget and include the Checklist field? 

CedB April 26, 2023

Yes I can but I would have liked a count :(

Suggest an answer