Since when custom fields are case sensitive ?

Asparuh Georgiev May 31, 2022

Hey, 

I am using Jira Cloud and am my users are reporting that the search in custom fields is now case-sensitive (from 31st May) and it wasn't before. I honestly don't have recollection of that but now when I test it, indeed it is case-sensitive.

I couldn't find any changelog that reflect a change relating to that, can you advise if this was changed or was it always case-sensitive. Thanks!Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Asparuh Georgiev 

What is the type of that custom field?  I believe some of them, like Label, have always been case-sensitive.

Kind regards,
Bill

Asparuh Georgiev June 1, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

The custom fields are Select List (single choice) types, I have tried it with Select List (multiple choice as well)

BR,

Asparuh

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

I found this suggestion for this same symptom logged yesterday, so others are seeing this also:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-79129

Like Asparuh Georgiev likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

That's really weird. Wonder why it would be for some and not others. Also, it would seem to be more of a Bug than a Suggestion if that's the case. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

If Atlassian has made an update for the Cloud Instance, they are probablt doing it in batches so eventually all should be affected, the other option is to be a bug as you mentioned @John Funk 

Like # people like this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Asparuh Georgiev 

I am not having this problem at all. Typing in a lowercase letter shows values that start with both uppercase and lowercase. This sounds like it might be a browser issue. I will switch browsers and see if it is still happening. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tested with Edge and Incognito Chrome browser and I get the same results, I have looked in the System Settings for the Jira Instance but I couldn't find any, if you have any suggestions where to look ?

Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

No there wouldn't be any system settings for that. It sounds like a bug to me that only affects certain instances. Really strange. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events