Show field from parent issue(epic)

Jan Sękara June 17, 2021

Hi

I have a customfield in Epic issue.

I want to show this field also on te task connected to the epic via epic link.

Possibru?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hello @Jan Sękara 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Are you trying to make the field available in the linked task, or are you wanting to show the actual field value from the Epic in the linked task?

Jan Sękara June 17, 2021

Company managed project.

I want to show value from epic in linked task.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hello @Jan Sękara 

As @John Funk said, you will need to first make sure that the field is available in the issue type for the linked task, and visible on the screens for that issue type.

Then, you will need to copy the field value from the Epic to the linked task. You can have a dynamic reference that shows the parent Epics value in the linked task issue, but you can copy the value from one issue to the other using the Automation feature. Here is the home page for information on that feature.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2021

Hi Jan,

Yes, this is certainly possible. Make sure that the custom field uses a context that includes the task issue type and same project as the Epic. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events