Show Task Indicators instead of Story Points

Saxon Julian January 15, 2021

Hello,

Is there a way we can configure the three bubble indicators in the top right of the Sprints on the backlog page to reflect Task issue types instead of Story Points? Our team primarily creates and uses Task issue types, and it would be nice to see it reflect on the indicators. 

image.png

Thanks,

Saxon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Saxon Julian 

You appear to be using a NextGen project, so you need to disable estimation so the counts are issue counts.  To do so:

• On the left slide-out pane, select Project Settings
  • Then select Features
  • Find Estimation, and disable it
  • On the left pane, select Back to Project
  • Check your numbers on the backlog

Best regards,

Bill

Saxon Julian January 16, 2021

This worked, thanks!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

HI @Saxon Julian - The bubbles represents what was configure for the board as estimation. In this case story points.  You can choose to do issue count, story points,..You can change this in the board configuration under estimation.

Hope this helps. 

Ben,

I have searched for awhile and cannot find that option on my Board page. I only see the option of Edit sprint and Manage workflow under the the "..." on my Board screen. I am an admin if that helps.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

@Saxon Julian - You are located on the board. You need to go to the board settings.

Here's a screenshot to get you going. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 7.56.06 AM.png

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I cannot find that option anywhere on our Backlog or Board pages in JIRA. 

Suggest an answer