Share several products in 1 Jira Project (one team)

Deleted user May 24, 2021

Hi 

We are working on a Jira project which has multiple products and the team will work on both products within the project. 

But now I wanted to run 2 products for the entire project with a seperate board for each product (under the same project) but have separate Backlog for each board, run parallel sprints under each board. Would this be possible  

Looking forward for your queries.

1 answer

1 vote
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Hi, @[deleted] welcome to the Community!

Yes, it's absolutely possible, although it does require some care with sprint naming, etc. to make sure you avoid overlap.

Here's how I would do this:

1. Create a component for each product. Alternatively, if you're already using Components for other things, create a custom field called Product and make it either a single choice dropdown or a radio button.
  2. Create two saved filters, one for each component/Product value. Make sure you set the filter permissions to be shared with the project.
  3. Create two sprint boards using the "from a saved filter" option; each board will use one of the filters you created.
  4. If you're not a Jira admin, you'll need to have them do this. In Settings -> Products -> Jira Software Configuration, the Parallel Sprints toggle needs to be turned on.

2021-05-24 10_33_57-Jira Software configuration - Jira - Vivaldi.png

When you create your tickets, they will all need to have one of the two components (or Product field values) selected at the time they're created to make sure they're displayed on the correct board.

Each board will have its own separate backlog and sprints. 

Deleted user May 27, 2021

@Esther Strom 

We're currently working in a team managed project. Can you elaborate if the change requires a companies managed project?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

@[deleted] I'm sorry; yes. Multiple boards requires a company-managed project; team-managed projects do not have the ability to have multiple boards. There's an In Progress ticket in Atlassian's own Jira indicating that they are starting discovery work on providing this functionality, but no date of completion has been given. I'd suggest voting on and watching the ticket to be updated on when this feature will be available to team-managed projects.

Deleted user June 9, 2021

Hi Esther, 

Could we have a short chat eller session related to my question above?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events