Service desk CC-ing creates a new ticket

Ben Greene November 24, 2022

When a ticket reporter CCs in someone else into their ticket email thread, instead of adding this newly CCed person's replies as comments, it creates a duplicate ticket with the naming convention "RE: Original-Ticket-Name".

I have attempted the project settings changes listed here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/replies-to-jira-service-desk-tickets-result-in-duplicate-tickets-964967584.html

However after trying both settings listed, neither works.

Please advise on how to fix this, we want this CCed person's replies to be comments on the original ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022
Ben Greene November 24, 2022

Thanks a bunch @Robert Wen_Cprime_ that worked perfectly!

Like Robert Wen_Cprime_ likes this
Andrey Ivanov March 25, 2024

@Robert Wen_Cprime_ Hi! Maybe you can help me with my problem.
I came across this problem. We have a group in the mail, let’s call it group “A”; it includes several people. When we receive a request to the servicedesk, a person who is not listed in CC, but is in group “A” tries to leave a comment, the ticket is duplicated

Robert Wen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

@Andrey Ivanov , are you talking about a group email alias? Because JSM doesn't expand the alias.

Andrey Ivanov March 25, 2024

@Robert Wen_Cprime_ As I understand it, JS can't figure out who is in the mailing group and that's why copies are being created?

Robert Wen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2024

That's my hypothesis.  Normally anyone that's CC'ed on an email request would be added as a watcher/collaborator and able to reply and have their reply added as an external comment.  The group email address is added, but since it doesn't decompose to its individual members, anytime someone in the group replies, JSM sees that as a new email request and creates a new ticket.

Andrey Ivanov March 27, 2024

@Robert Wen_Cprime_ Hi! Your theory is correct, JSM cannot detect people in a group, I'm just looking for another way to automatically add people to CC

Like Robert Wen_Cprime_ likes this

Suggest an answer