Service Desk tasks not in Backlog Filter

Vanessa Grimes June 14, 2019

We recently started using JIRA Service Desk but have been using JIRA for a while to run our sprints.  We have a backlog filer that is simply "ORDER BY Rank ASC" so it should pull in ALL tasks from all projects.  However Service Desk projects are not showing up.  We really want to be able to add a Service Desk task to our sprints to track them on our scrum board, but even after adding the fields to the Service Desk screens, and setting the sprint value, the issues aren't showing up in the backlog or in the active sprint I assigned to.  Can someone please help us get these service tasks into our backlog/sprints?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hello Vanessa,

I understand that you would like to Display the issues from a JIRA Service Desk project on a Scrum board of a JIRA Software project. Is it correct?

Per your description, it seems you have already configured the board filter to display the SD issues on Board settings > Edit filter Query, so I recommend you to try the following:

1 - Navigate to your board > Board settings > Columns > Check if the Statuses of the Service Desk issues are properly mapped in the Board columns:

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 19.41.21.png

P.S: To properly display the issues in the backlog of the board, move the status to the first column (left to right)

2 - If that didn't do the trick, check in the Swimlane Tab of the board setting if it is not configured with a different view

If both steps above are properly configured, please provide us a screenshot of the general and column tabs of your board.

Let me know if this information helps.

Vanessa Grimes June 19, 2019

Thank you Petterson, that did help.  When I first posted a few days ago though, the Support tasks did not even show up in the filter results, much less the backlog, however I think after editing the support project to use the Sprint field, then they started to display there.  But I still hadn't figured how to get them in the sprint, and your answer got me there.  Thanks for your help!

-Vanessa

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2019

You are welcome, Vanessa.

Have a nice week ahead. :)

Suggest an answer