Send Ticket Chekcliststatus to Slack

Hürkan Utan January 30, 2021

Hey Guys,

currently i am working on a Automation to send the Status of a Checklist to Slack as a Reminder of what is still to do. Better to say I would like to send the still pending tasks as a reminder every week.

I'm am relatively new to Jira and don't have that much experience.

i tried it with Zapier and accessing the Values of the custom field, but i kind of got stuck there, so i turned to Jira Automation ^^.

i know that you can access certain fields with smart Values etc.

And this is where i got stuck here as well. I have already filtered out the Issues I want the status update of, but i can't get any further.

Thanks for your help in advance ^^

Cheers,

Hürkan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 30, 2021

Hello @Hürkan Utan,

Could you post a screenshot of what do you mean by "Status of a Checklist"? 

Cheers,
Jack 

Hürkan Utan January 30, 2021

Hey Jack ^^

thanks for responding so fast.

This is one example: There are multiple checklist items and some are done and others are not. The Ones not checked i want to use them for the Automation.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 00.02.42.png

i hope this helps a bit. If the Checklsit only had 2 Items the Status would be 1/2. If 13, then 1/13 (The number of checked List items)

Thanks a lot again.

Cheers,

Hükran

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Hürkan Utan

Do I see correctly on the screenshot that you use either Issue Checklist Pro or Issue Checklist Free

If so, then you should be able to read issue entity properties using Automation smart values feature, e.g. `{{issue.properties.checklist.progressText}}`. 

Next, you can send a slack message as explained in their docs: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-automation-with-slack/

Let us know if that helps. 

Cheers,
Jack

Hürkan Utan February 1, 2021

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the Help ^^

it worked as intended (ノ^_^)ノ

The Links worked perfectly ^^

Cheers,

Hürkan

0 votes
Timothy Tran June 1, 2021

Hi

This is Timothy and I am in the same boat as you - trying to learn how to use this jira.

Thank you for sharing.

Timothy T

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events