Selective migration from Cloud to Server

Dante Togliatti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2022

I realize that going from Cloud to Server requires a full backup (at least from what I've read). Moving to the server version for some projects was mandated (I don't have control over that)

Our problem is that we have a lot of next gen projects that I don't / can't interfere with and creating a server back up requires all projects to be 'classic'.  i.e. I cannot convert the existing next gen projects to classic without interfering with those teams' ability to do their work.

The only way I can see to achieve what I want without interfering with existing teams is to

1. Create a second Cloud server
  2. Clone the desired projects to that server
  3. Convert them to classic
  4. Do the backup using the second Cloud server
  5. Follow the existing instructions to migrate to the server version

So my question is - Does anyone have a better / simpler solution than this?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@Dante Togliatti Did you find a better way or just end up following the steps that you proposed to accomplish the migration?

Dante Togliatti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2022

Nope. I had to go through the steps above - which did work.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Great, can you accept the answer to help others?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events