Seeing subtasks when grouping by assignees

Felipe Jara May 19, 2021

Hi, 

In my Kanban board, when I group by assignee all the subtasks fade away and I can only see stories. 

Is there a way I can see both the stories AND subtasks assigned to people under this view?

Thanks so much!!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

Hello @Felipe Jara 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Are the Sub-tasks assigned to the users, or only the parent stories?

Can you provide screen images of what you see?

Felipe Jara May 26, 2021

Thanks!

It's a team managed project. 

Subtasks are assigned to users, but when I filter by assignee I only see the stories linked to users. 

eg. on the screenshot, the user has numerous tasks linked, but only the stories show. 

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Subtasks will show as cards on a Team Managed board only when you use the Group By Subtask option.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 8.12.45 AM.png

Otherwise they are indicated only by the hierarchy symbol on the other cards.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 8.15.04 AM.png

nAtHaNiEl FriEDMan January 18, 2022

so the answer to this gents questions is no? what's even the point of subtasks if they don't work properly, very disappointed by this 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

@nathaniel Friedman 

Yes, the answer is "no" in this scenario. When using a Team Managed project you can currently group by only one thing at a time, and if you are not grouping by Subtask then Subtasks will not display as cards on the board.

There is a change request to be able to show Subtasks without using Grouping:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18064

Suggest an answer