See team assigned to issue

Mike December 8, 2021

I have set up a board to track customer projects (not the detailed work on the project, just which upcoming, in process, and completed projects we have).

Each customer should have a few people allocated to it - the PM should be the assignee, but I would also like to associate others with it.  I would like this information to be shown on the timeline, because I want to ensure that nobody is on too many projects at once, for example.

Is Jira a good tool for this kind of personnel management?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi Mike - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

At this time, you cannot control which fields show on the Timeline feature (nor boards) for Jira Work Management projects. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@Mike  - If this answered your question, can you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close it out? Thanks!

2 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Mike 

Welcome to the Community!
I'm Nataliya from ActivityTimeline team. I think ActivityTimeline might work well for you as it provide a resource planning and availability on a timeline view calendar. You can track tasks progress, workload and availability for each employee.

Project Planning for Jira.png

To manage a multiple teams and projects you can open the planning dashboard that shows all of the ongoing undertakings, helps to see potential bottlenecks, and efficiently organizes tasks.
If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. 
Best, Nataliya

Mike December 21, 2021

Thanks, I will take a look

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2021

You can take a trial to check needed features. 

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
December 10, 2021

Hi @Mike, it's Tania from Planyway team. Jira has a lot of plugins that could help with team management and one of them is Planyway. You can connect multiple projects to Planyway to have a bird-eye view of who's doing what and on which project:

Planyway for Jira Guide Releases

You can select which fields to show on the items, e.g. status, project and estimated time.

Hope you give it a try and feel free to ask any questions ^_^

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events