Search issue not showing sub task

Nikhil.Kamat April 8, 2021

Hello,

We we click on search issues button and filter search by user, the sub task assigned is not visible in search result.  But the same issue we can see in sprint board

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

What are you searching for and how are you filtering?

Nikhil.Kamat April 8, 2021

Filtering by sprint , current user and type = all 

With this, for current user I can see only 1 entry which is of type story

In the agile sprint board, if I select my name using the quick filter option, then I can see 2 entries , 1 is the story and the other is the sub task which is assigned to me

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Subtasks do not get the Sprint field filled in, as it is the parent issue, not the Subtask, that is assigned to the sprint. So, with your filter including Sprint, subtasks will not be included in the results.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

Ahh, filter by sprint is the problem.

Sub-tasks are not sprint items, and do not have a sprint field.  They are only "in a sprint" when their parent issue is in the sprint and they're only there because they are a part of their parent.

It is a long-standing flaw (in my opinion) that the sprint field is not automatically derived for sub-tasks, it makes the reporting you are trying to do a bit useless.

Nikhil.Kamat April 9, 2021

Thank you, got it ! Sprint was not set for the sub task

Lukas Angst April 4, 2024

I have set the sprint for my subtask but Im still not able to see the sub task. I do see the subtask in my board for my sprint, but can not see it in the filter i set.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2024

Hello @Lukas Angst 

Refer to Nic's answer:

Sub-tasks are not sprint items, and do not have a sprint field.  They are only "in a sprint" when their parent issue is in the sprint and they're only there because they are a part of their parent.

Given that the original post is 3 years old and has an accepted answer I recommend that you start a brand new Question if you want more assistance with your issue.

Suggest an answer