Script for getting value in the scripted field

NEETA JAIN June 30, 2020

Hi Team,

We need one scripted field which has a value calculated from 2 other fields, such as:

Priority Calculation = Strategic Fit * NPV  (Both are number field)

I have created scripted field called "Priority Calculation", but I am very new to the scripts.

So kindly please share the script for it from which we can get the multiplication of 2 fields into our scripted field.

Thanks in anticipation,

Neeta Jain

2 answers

0 votes
NEETA JAIN July 6, 2020

Hi Nic,

I have gone through the content which you shared, but not got the required output.

Can you please give me some detailed steps to do it, or share a link to follow the steps,

Regards,

Neeta Jain

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2020

What have you got so far?  (what does your script say, where is it run and does it have any warnings or errors in the editor?)

NEETA JAIN July 9, 2020

Hi Nic,

I am very new to this scripting thing, I have never done this before, so whatever you mentioned in the first response, I have not got that correctly.

So it will be nice if you can give me some script to achieve this, I will modify custom field details accordingly.

Actually I am a single resource in JIRA, so not getting any help for this from anybody.

So kindly help me to achieve this.

Regards,

Neeta Jain

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

I can't really help you with something I can't see.  Please could you tell me what you have scripted, and where it has red warnings you don't understand, what they are?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2020

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/calculate-the-sum-of-all-values-of-a-custom-field-in-linked-issues is quite close to what you need.  You should be able to remove the bit that gets a list of links and simplify it down to "get two custom fields"

Suggest an answer